There are tasks that professional home stagers know very well. But there are also tasks you can handle all alone or with little help from family members which could lessen the professional fee charged by such professionals. Here are some of them.
1. Cobweb removal. Don’t let your house exude the appearance of a century-old house as if there are some spooky spirits lurking around. Remove cobwebs generated by spiders. Look around your house such as in store rooms, garage, basement, and attic. These are place where spiders generally live. You don’t want to scare potential buyers right?
2. Junk elimination. Admit it or not. Your house has generated junk over the years. Some of them could be as old as you such as old letters, newspapers, clothes, and toys. Raid your kitchen for expired canned goods. Do the same thing for your refrigerator. While there are things that can be thrown off, some of them such as plastics and old toys can be utilized better at scrap yards and charity organizations.
3. Light replacement. Let potential buyers see the great living spaces and refreshing appeal of your house for sale. Achieve this by replacing lighting fixtures which could be serving your house for years. Just remember to choose energy-efficient bulbs and lamps.
4. Lawn maintenance. The lawn is one of the first places that potential buyers will see before entering your house. Thus, you should make it appealing too. Trim grasses and remove pet litters. You can also add water sprinklers if your budget still permits you to do so.
5. Ornamenting the garden. Natural color is always appealing to the eyes. Make your garden a colorful setting by enhancing its appearance. Planting flowering plants is one of the easiest ways to achieve this. Aside from imparting vivid colors, their fragrance also contribute to the inviting atmosphere you want to generate for your home staging endeavor.
6. Vacuuming the floor. Sweeping, wiping, and scrubbing are not enough to make your floor spic and span. There are always debris that are too small to be picked up by broom and mop. It is advisable to run the vacuum cleaner to eliminate tiny particles like soil and sand grains as well as pet hair.
After accomplishing these tasks, you can now move on to more advanced home staging tasks. You can seek advice from your local real estate agent or you can directly tap the services of a professional home stager.